Specialist, Finance - Technical Operations
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Ref #: 17342
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
This position is responsible for providing finance & accounting support to the Technical Operations division. Finance & accounting support includes scenario analysis, business case development, activity-based costing, and other ad-hoc projects, while ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- As part of your role, you'll be accountable for, and will manage, annual planning functions, periodic forecast development, and monthly financial reporting, including the financial close process.
- This position will develop, implement, and maintain activity base costing processes, and tools to assess financial performance and understand maintenance cost drivers.
- You'll interact daily with operations management and develop relationships to maximize results.
- Additionally, you'll develop strategic and tactical plans that create a safety conscious environment which result in employee safety and well-being.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Three or more years of related experience required.
- Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate working knowledge of SAP, Hyperion, SAP Analysis for Office, Tableau, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Strong finance and accounting skills.
- Excellent time management, detail orientation, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Robust analytical ability, the capability to deliver results, and excellent organization.
- A track record for motivating and managing team members through multiple contiguous tasks. You'll need to be able to engage the business in a manner that enhances productivity and encourages operational transformation toward optimal cost efficiency.
- An ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Must possess the ability to present complex material in a concise but comprehensive manner.
- High school diploma, GED, or high school equivalency.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field is preferred.
- MBA or CPA highly preferred.
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta's online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here