Senior Director, Virtual Medical Center
Provides disciplined, principled leadership, clear direction, establishment of priorities and planning for the Virtual Medical Center (VMC). The VMC includes the following functions: Advice Nursing, Message Management, Surgery Scheduling, Release of Information (ROI) and Provider Template Coordination. Develops annual goals, performance objectives, establishes and monitors key performance indicators (KPI), metrics, and productivity. Provides clinical oversight of all automation ensuring quality outcomes and service efficiencies. Collaborates with Medical Group partners and Technology to ensure new automation, technology and digital services align with the strategy. Responsible for the overall budget and staffing for VMC areas of service.
- Responsible for the strategic direction, management, and performance of the VMC.
- Creates an organizational infrastructure for planning and executing short- and long-term strategic plans within the context of regional and organization-wide strategies and objectives.
- Creates and maintains strong department cultures that understand and support the programs mission, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership and manages the design and implementation of programs in support of the VMC.
- Responsible for disciplined, strategic financial planning, managing budgets and financial performance for the VMC, FTEs and NPE using quantitative information to make decisions that enhance the affordability performance of all services.
- Recommends improvements and cost saving measures and ensures adherence to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Compliance, Federal/State regulations, etc. within areas of service.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring and evaluating the performance of all areas of service against internal and external benchmarks to assure cost effective, quality service and care while ensuring adherence to guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Oversees health plan support staff to ensure an excellent member experience with all clinical services offered by the VMC.
- Partners with stakeholders to explore and evaluate new technology and automation offering enhanced clinical care and efficiency; improve the member experience and remove administrative burden from the clinical teams.
- Ensuring digital tools integrate seamlessly into Health Connect as applicable.
- Partners with the digital and innovation office to promote Georgias needs; participate in designing solutions and pilot new programs for evaluation.
- Develop business cases and gain funding for innovative technologies and solutions.
- Develops annual goals and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently execute strategy to meet or exceed KPIs while maintaining productivity.
- Manages direct reports. This includes interviewing, selecting, training, motivating, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and terminating in compliance with EEO/AA goals and personnel policies of the organization.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of progressive experience within the healthcare industry, including leadership/management experience, with significant experience in managing technology either directly or from an operational perspective.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience.
- Bachelors degree in healthcare or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
- Experience in managing complex, large-scale projects and/or multiple departments and establishing detailed work plans and setting priorities.
- Familiarity with administrative information systems.
- Strong presentation skills, with experience of presenting and influencing Executive level leaders.
- Proven leadership skills that include influencing, efficiency, and collaboration with a focus on results.
- Demonstrated understanding of the operations and/or business of Healthcare Systems.
- Thorough knowledge of complex project management processes, tools, techniques, and methodologies to lead large scale efforts.
- Knowledge or exposure to Epic/Health connect Systems.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to recruit talent and develop teams.
- Business expertise, financial acumen, and interpersonal skills to effectively work through a matrix, complex and political organization to influence and facilitate sustainable change.
- Strong expertise in administration/operations and knowledge of industry best practices.