Senior Software Development Engineer, Adobe CQ5
Senior Software Development Engineer, Adobe CQ5
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Ref #: 18318
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
This role can sit in Atlanta, GA or Minneapolis, MN
Delta IT is on a journey of transformation. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom. As thought-leaders within Delta, we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Delta IT employees are thinkers, doers, innovators.
We are proactive.
We are collaborative.
We deliver impact to our customers.
Join us on our transformation journey in becoming a world-class IT organization at the world's best airline
Experience/Interface Designers create satisfying or compelling experiences for users of a product, often drawing on results from user research and a workflow analysis. Generally, designers need to possess strong creative, technical, and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities include: Front end design, develop, and test new templates, components, and applications as extensions of the Adobe CQ5 WCM product to support client's business requirements.
New WCM capabilities would include:
- Localization of content
- Dynamic data display modules
- New pop-ups and modals
- Enhanced social media capabilities
- Responsive web development
- Integration with latest UI frameworks like [...], bootstrap and angularJS
- Upgrade to new AEM versions
Benefits and Perks to Help You Keep Climbing
Our culture is rooted in a shared dedication to living our values – Care, Integrity, Resilience, Servant Leadership, and Teamwork – every day, in everything we do. At Delta, our people are our success. At the heart of what we offer is our focus on Sharing Success with Delta employees. Exploring a career at Delta gives you a chance to see the world while earning great compensation and benefits to help you keep climbing along the way:
- Competitive salary, industry-leading profit sharing program, and performance incentives
- 401(k) with generous company contributions up to 9%
- Paid time off including vacation, holidays, paid personal time, maternity and parental leave
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life benefits
- Family care assistance through fertility support, surrogacy and adoption assistance, lactation support, subsidized back-up care, and programs that help with loved ones in all stages
- Holistic Wellbeing programs to support physical, emotional, social, and financial health, including access to an employee assistance program offering support for you and anyone in your household, free financial coaching, and extensive resources supporting mental health
- Domestic and International space-available flight privileges for employees and eligible family members
- Career development programs to achieve your long-term career goals
- World-wide partnerships to engage in community service and innovative goals created to focus on sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint
- Business Resource Groups created to connect employees with common interests to promote inclusion, provide perspective and help implement strategies
- Recognition rewards and awards through the platform Unstoppable Together
- Access to over 500 discounts, specialty savings and voluntary benefits through Deltaperks such as car and hotel rentals and auto, home, and pet insurance, legal services, and childcare
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Experience developing applications, templates, and components in AEM 6.1 and above.
- Experience with [...] desired
- Ability to work within an Agile model.
- Experience building computer software within the Airline business a plus.
- Communication Skills- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
- Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training in the computer systems development field.
- Previous airline experience ideal.
- Dedication - Involves demonstrating a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc. Will do what it takes to get things done.
- Knowledge of Software Development - Involves knowing the general approach to developing software including practice, concepts, technology, and methodology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge and experience with new and upcoming technologies, tools and trends.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer.
- Programming Ability - Ability to effectively write code (e.g., in one or more languages) in order to develop effective and efficient solutions to computing needs.
- Solution Oriented - Maintains a positive attitude oriented towards coming up with solutions and developing new approaches, doesn't let distractions get in the way, isn't overwhelmed with problems/ issues.
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta's online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here