Senior Analyst, Resource Planning
Senior Analyst, Resource Planning
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Reservations & Cust. Care
Ref #: 19442
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
It's an exciting time to be part of Delta's Reservations team as we redefine how and where we serve customers and set new standards for the experiences we create for customers as well as thousands of Reservations and Care employees. This position will help enable that vision by bringing to life new corporate initiatives in our engagement centers which is essential to the Reservations transformation journey
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities):
The Senior Analyst – Reservations Planning and Network Operations will develop strategies to leverage investments in new technology to optimize the operation and better meet our customer needs. The Senior Analyst will support the evolution of supply and forecasting and long-term initiatives to streamline the business. Successful candidates will have a strong instinct for customer and employee experience, will be creative thinkers and problem solvers, and will possess an ability to be proactive and anticipate change.
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Combine strategic thinking and business acumen to identify new opportunities to drive operational efficiency with the investment in upgraded voice and workforce management systems
- Serves as liaison and subject matter expert on behalf of Resource Planning with Reservations leadership various stakeholders including Finance and Human Resources; acts as a SME in statistical analysis software and development of staffing models using resource planning software; and acts as a SME for Resource Planning for all items related to staffing and staffing software.
- Works cross-divisionally to provide Reservations input on the staffing-related operational impact of strategic and network decisions.
- Develops individualized models in an effort to present the most efficient staffing solution to ad-hoc request.
- Acts as liaison with technology vendors and prepares ad hoc reporting and analyses as required.
- Creates reporting that analyzes the monthly front line staffing variances versus the Operating Plan.
- Consolidates monthly staffing reports for review with senior leadership.
- Develops complex Operating Plan templates for staffing; must be able to accurately portray the staffing needs of the upcoming year.
- Performs training and provides guidance to new members of the Resource Planning team on staffing software and staffing models.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- Strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to translate data into a logical and actionable story
- (If transferring internally)Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
- Should have demonstrated initiative and be able to function well in a team environment.
- Proficient in Excel functionalities including lookup functions, statistical analysis (regression, correlation), creation and execution of macros, creation and manipulation of pivot tables, data validation functions, conditional formatting, data filtering, file linking, if / else statements, and charts and graphs.
- Proficiency in written and oral communications and ability to produce concise, relevant, strategic documents and executive presentations
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Experience with Hyperion Brio and/or SAS is preferred.
- Preferred work experience in applying principles of staffing to call center/airport operations; developing recommendations based on analysis and synthesis of information from multiple sources; using statistical analysis software; developing staffing models using resource planning software.
- Bachelor's degree and 18-24 months of relevant work experience, OR five years of relevant work experience in a related field such as Operational support or data analytics .
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta's online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here