Intern, Corporate Safety
Intern, Corporate Safety (Summer 2023)
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Corp. Safety, Security & Compliance
Ref #: 19761
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
The Intern - Corporate Safety- Alliance Safety will be based in Atlanta, Georgia. This position will support the Alliance Safety department and can expect to gain hands-on experience in monitoring and evaluating Delta's codeshare and interline partners worldwide, Delta's Connection partners, and the SkyTeam Alliance partners. This position is heavily focused on managing a wide range of operational risk and the successful candidate will be exposed to processes that allow a global carrier to effectively determine the risk scores across a broad spectrum of operational activities. This position may require some travel. The successful candidate will practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Must be a current student working towards and undergraduate degree program (preferably Aviation Safety or Aviation Operations)
- Candidate must be available for the duration of the internship timeline: June 5th, 2023, through August 25th, 2023
- Must be able to work onsite in our Atlanta, GA office for the duration of the internship
- Must have a strong command of all Microsoft Suite products and internet applications.
- Be able to effectively communicate information (verbal and written) and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with diverse teams
- Possess Delta's core values of honesty, integrity, respect, perseverance, and servant leadership
- Be of the highest caliber due to access to sensitive risk data
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
· Must be a current student working towards and undergraduate degree program (preferably Aviation Safety or Aviation Operations)
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta's online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here