Software Development Engineer in Test
Software Development Engineer in Test
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Ref #: 20005
LinkedIn Tag: #LI-JM2
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
Delta IT is on a journey of transformation. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom. As thought-leaders within Delta, we strive to build important and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Delta employees are problem solvers, doers, innovators.
We are proactive.
We are collaborative.
We deliver impact to our customers.
Join us on our transformation journey in becoming a best-in-class IT organization at the world's best airline
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you will be joining a collaborative team with a broad range of experience and working alongside tenured staff ready to join you in the next stages of your career. Our projects span a diverse set of technologies. You will help deliver the quality and performance of large scale, custom hardware multi-platform software products and applications that includes; web, API and mobile application interfaces.
This role involves interacting with Software Developers that includes demonstrating shift-left methods to understand a sophisticated domain and product. The SDET is instrumental in the development of automated functional component tests, integration tests and end-to-end tests through open source test frameworks for overall system testing within an Agile environment. You must be adaptable, flexible and able to succeed within a cohesive work environment. The SDET must have a strong understanding of user and process requirements and skills to ensure those requirements can be achieved through high-quality work.
- Work with a wide variety of modern technologies from front-end UI to back-end distributed web services
- Participate in all steps of the continuous development lifecycle (design, development, testing, and monitoring)
- Support the automation strategy to fulfill the requirements of CI/CD
- Demonstrate understanding of deployment, migration, security, and performance in the software development life cycle
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and improvements to automated tests
- Actively participate in design and code reviews to maintain a best-in-class level of code quality
- Implement tests that will help in end-to-end quality of major deliverables working closely with multiple engineers and teams to implement them
- Collaborate effectively within team environment
Benefits and Perks to Help You Keep Climbing
Why You'll Love Delta
Our culture is rooted in a shared dedication to living our values – Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, and Servant Leadership – every day, in everything we do. Exploring a career at Delta gives you a chance to see the world while providing great benefits to help you keep climbing along the way:
- Competitive salary, industry-leading profit sharing, and 401(k) with generous direct contribution and company match
- Comprehensive health & wellness benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life benefits
- Domestic and International Flight privileges for employees and eligible family members
- Career development programs are available for your long-term career goals
- Access to subsidized and vetted Backup Care for children, adults, and pets through [...]
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- 0-2+ years of experience developing automated tests for microservices and REST APIs
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, such as: Java, C# and scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell, Bash etc.
- Prior experience with one or more querying languages such SQL (preferred), Oracle, MySQL and/or No SQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB etc)
- Experience deploying applications in AWS or OpenShift (Kubernetes)
- Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas optimally; prepare written documentation
- Proactive in nature with a customer-centric focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Embraces Diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Experience with functional testing, integration testing
- Knowledge of API and Microservices testing and automation
- Cloud/cloud-based technologies including Kubernetes
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Jira and Confluence tools
- Database languages such as SQL
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta's online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here