General Manager - Equal Opportunity
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hr & Labor
Ref #: 19825
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
General Manager, Equal Opportunity Policy and Procedures is a strategic business partner responsible for leading all Equal Opportunity activities. This role will handle, lead and provide direction to individuals to maintain compliance of all aspects of corporate policies, programs, and guidelines which govern employee behavior.
This role will be based at the General Offices in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Provide oversight, mentorship and direction and ensure consistent and equitable administration of policies and programs across all business units, serving as a subject matter authority on EO matters, including terminations, employee appeal requests, workplace violence issues, conflict of interests, EO investigations (including harassment, discrimination, retaliation) for applicants and former employees, social media, non-rev pass travel misconduct, arrest records, background check reviews, unemployment insurance claims, employee relations, disciplinary matters, training and development and conflict resolution ("EO Responsibilities").
- Drive strategy and alignment through building rapport with and influencing global HR, Divisional Leaders, Employee Relations, Corporate Security, Legal and other key partners to mitigate risks associated with EO Responsibilities.
- Directly review and handle certain sensitive matters relating to Equal Opportunity responsibilities, when required
- Lead a hard-working team of EO Managers ensuring development of team, goal accomplishment and support while also providing strong, motivational servant leadership and clear direction.
- Understand and efficiently spot employment issues and concepts related to EO Responsibilities and provide timely, objective recommendations and mediate solutions for employees, global HR, Divisional Leaders, Employee Relations and other key collaborator leaders.
- Create, develop, implement, train, and communicate new processes (i.e., unemployment claim process, rehire eligibility process, etc).
- Identify and analyze sophisticated issues and problems requiring independent judgment and interpretation.
- Implement case management capabilities to supervise and ensure individual cases are accurately handled, and consistent with federal and state laws and regulations and the organizational-wide practices.
- Develop and provide reporting for senior management and relevant collaborators to identify trends and measure against qualitative guidelines as well as assess resolution within established timelines.
- Actively provide direction and participate on the Pilot Application Review Board, including reviewing pilot applications.
- Provide testimony on behalf of the Company in legal or governmental proceedings when appropriate.
- Remain proficient on emerging and evolving Human Resources laws to remain compliant on EO Responsibilities.
Benefits and Perks to Help You Keep Climbing
A career at Delta not only gives you a chance to see the world, but we also provide excellent benefits to help you keep climbing along the way
Delta proudly provides a competitive salary, industry leading profit sharing and 401(k) with generous direct contribution and company match. All employees are offered comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life benefits. Delta also believes in providing a detailed wellness plan that recognizes the importance physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing. Our employees are also able to take advantage of Domestic and International flight privileges.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, business management or in a related field of study is required
- 6+ years of HR or equal opportunity experience (or equivalent years of experience in a related field) is required
- Possess a proven understanding and experience in terminations, employee appeal requests, workplace violence issues, conflict of interests, EO investigations (including harassment, discrimination, retaliation) for applicants and former employees, social media, non-rev pass travel misconduct, arrest records, background check reviews, unemployment insurance claims, employee relations, disciplinary matters, training and/or development and conflict resolution
- Drive strategy, understand, and optimally apply equal opportunity concepts and spot equal opportunity issues related to EO Activities to mitigate risks
- 4+ years leading and developing a hard-working team is required
- Ability to expertly interact and successfully communicate to all levels from frontline employees through senior leaders to provide accurate and detailed information and explanation
- Ability to transform data and insights into compelling cases and executive decks; strong storytelling ability and ability to influence others
- Prior experience in development and implementation of case management tools to track and report on EO Activities to identify trends and measure against qualitative guidelines and established timelines
- Must be performing satisfactorily in current position
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Master's degree in human resources and PHR/SPHR Certification preferred
- Prior airline industry experience is helpful
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta's online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here