Associate Software Engineer - ReClique (Augusta, GA)
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.
As the Associate Software Engineer you are responsible for developing high quality applications and writing code on a daily basis. Your day to day will include heavy collaboration with product managers, architects and other software engineers to build best-in-class software using modern technologies and an agile development process. Sound like you? Keep reading!
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will report to the Engineering Manager.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Develop high quality applications that provide a delightful user experience
- Develop clean, reusable, well-structured and maintainable code following best practices and industry standards
- Develop elegant, responsive, high performance, cross-platform solutions
- Develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Contribute to team efforts on support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Participate in and learn from code and design reviews
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Work with team members to develop prototypes as necessary and validate ideas with a data driven approach.
- Passion towards Software Development
- Working knowledge of applicable development tools, technologies, design patterns, and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Associate's degree in related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Applied Sciences; a Software Development bootcamp certificate; or equivalent professional experience.
- No professional experience is required
- Experience using code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with application development in modern object-oriented programming languages
- Experience working with and understanding of RESTful APIs
- Understanding of SQL or other relational data storage technologies
Bonus Points for:
- Bachelor's degree or higher (or equivalent) in related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Applied Sciences
- Two (2) years of professional experience in Software Engineering or other relevant field
- Understanding of Unit Testing Frameworks and best practices
- Understanding of Realtime Data Streaming (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
- Understanding of Serverless Computing (e.g. AWS cloud services)
- Understanding of AWS Messaging Services (e.g. SNS & SQS)
- Understanding of DevOps and CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins / Bamboo)
- Understanding of Agile Methodology and Practices
- Understanding of NoSQL/Non-relational Databases
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. These perks are only for our full time team members. Some of our favorites include:
Flexible paid time off
Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
Monthly fitness reimbursement
New-Parent Paid Leave
1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Similar jobs near me
- Factors That Affect Physical Therapist Salaries: Location, Experience, and More
- Becoming a Physical Therapist: What Degree Do You Need?
- Diversifying Your Skillset: Alternative Career Paths for Physical Therapists
- The Journey to Becoming a Physical Therapist: Time, Education, and Requirements
- Physical Therapy Career Outlook: A Booming Industry